Digital advertising is the new norm. Sure, other forms of advertising such as billboards, tv ads, and print ads are all still relevant but digital advertising is much more profitable. Here are just a few reasons that digital advertising is the way to go when trying to increase sales.
1. You can target the exact audience that you want to reach. Social media channels like Facebook, Twitter, and other social media platforms offer flexible options that allow you to segment by geographic location, demographics, interests, and more. Google Ad Words offer options that bring your business to the top when people are searching for your specific products or services.
2. Digital Advertising allows your ads to be seen over many different channels. A single piece of content can be shared across a variety of platforms, getting exposure over and over again. Traditional ads are confined to one page, 30 seconds of airtime, or whatever format your ad was designed for.
3. It invites mobile engagement. A study from 2017 says that the average person spends about 4 hours a day on their phone. Why not put your ad right where they are already looking? Digital advertising reaches your audience no matter where they go.
4. Digital campaigns can be executed much more quickly, and they can be modified on the fly if needed. Traditional campaigns can take months to create and by the time the ad sees light, it is already dated. Digital advertising can change from day to day, week to week, whereas traditional advertising is something you are locked into.
5. Measurability is accurate and easy. If you are going to spend your hard earned money on advertising you want to know that it works, right? With digital campaigns, the metrics are built right in, letting you see what you are spending your money on and if it is profitable. If one of your digital advertising programs is not performing well or working, it’s easy to quickly adjust your program to ensure that your budget is spent well and offers a strong return on your investment.
6. The possibility that your ad could go viral. If you have a strong digital advertising component your ad could go viral, reaching millions of people. For example, Dove's "Real Beauty Sketches" garnered over 114 million views in the first month alone simply from people sharing it on social media. 114 million people are around the same number of people who see Superbowl commercials. So, it's safe to say that Dove saved about $5 million and still got the same the same exposure.