The Cookies Crumble
This month’s blog marks the end of a six-part series focusing on specific marketing trends throughout 2022 and beyond. To recap, the five previous trends are:
- Hybrid events continue to be favored by consumers as they provide the option of an in-person experience and the digital component to those that want to participate but can’t be there in person.
- Content alignment offers credible, authoritative content on your website and social media platforms establishing yourself as an expert in your field.
- Marketing companies take ownership in products or services they help sell. By having a vested interest in a product, they have an additional motivation to sell that product or service.
- Consumers know they have a choice where they spend their hard-earned dollars, and many want to support companies that give back to the community in same way. Businesses that partner with a non-profit will benefit as well as the non-profit.
- Influencer marketing will remain strong, but AI will make it even easier for businesses to have an almost guaranteed ROI.
The sixth and final trend is marketers will wean themselves off third-party cookies as consumers are demanding more privacy and Google’s recent decision to deprecate third-party cookies on its Chrome browser that will be sometime in late 2022 or early 2023. As a small business, you may not think this has much impact on you, but you can use this to your advantage. Now is your time to shine by a strong digital prescreens. A few ways to do that are:
- Optimize on-site experiences that make consumers want to share their identity with you. This can be done by offering free content and resources on your site as an incentive for consumers to sign up for your newsletter, offer free and limited-time discounts/incentives.
- Make sure your website is up to consumer expectations. It should be professional, intuitive, user-friendly and visually appealing. Consumers are skeptical about sharing their information when a website looks antiquated or unprofessional.
- Utilize Google Analytics allowing you to understand how consumers navigate your site by looking at behavioral flow charts. You can see how customers flow through the site, what pages they spend the most time on, and what pages they drop off. Once you understand how they navigate your site allows you to enhance your pages, implement new features that improve user experience and increase overall sales.
- A strong social media presence is crucial to driving consumers to your website. Show off a sampling of what your website has to offer resulting in more traffic to your website leading to subscriptions.
CyberSpyder Marketing Services can help you with all your marketing needs from designing a top-notch website to helping you understand Google Analytics. Get started today by filling out the Contact page or calling 479.782.0005.